Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Forward Day by Day Meditation for August 31, 2016

WEDNESDAY, August 31

 
 
Psalm 38:21-22 O Lord, do not forsake me; be not far from me, O my God. Make haste to help me, O Lord of my salvation.
A priest at our parish was fond of saying that if you do not feel as close to God as you once felt, make no mistake about who has moved. Writing these thoughts and sharing them with you this month has brought me closer to my Lord and Savior.
Thank you for journeying with me. I leave you with my favorite blessing from Swiss poet and philosopher Henri-Frederic Amiel (1821-1881): “Life is short, and we do not have too much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us, so be quick to love and make haste to be kind. And may the blessing of the One who made us, the One who loves us, and the One who travels with us, be with you and those you love this day and always.” Amen.


Today the Church remembers Aidan, Bishop of Lindisfarne, 651.

No comments:

Post a Comment