Wednesday, February 8, 2017
Father Riley to teach on the 7 signs from John's gospel
Father Riley announced at our annual meeting he will be teaching on the 7 signs from John's Gospel during Lent. Classes will begin at 9am in the Parish Hall on Sunday, March 5, 2017 (the first Sunday in Lent). Father Riley also plans for Ash Wednesday Liturgy (with imposition of ashes) at noon March 1st at Christ Episcopal. Please spread the word and invite others to join us.
Additional notes from our annual meeting:
1. For 2017, the vestry will remain: Lamar Barnett (Sr. Warden), Sam Corson (Jr. Warden), Allein Watson, Jane Barnett, and Cecil Evans. Faye Corson will remain as secretary of the vestry.
2. Bill Watson has invited Brenda Funderburg to transition into his position as treasurer for Christ Episcopal Church and Brenda has accepted.
3. Jane Barnett reported donations have flooded in to make needed repairs at The Shepherd Center.
4. Lamar Barnett reported Father Riley has signed his contract with CEC for 2017.
5. Our Bishop's visit is scheduled for Sunday, August 6, 2017.
6. Father Riley encouraged everyone to have a burial plan and to make two copies: one for the church and one for your home.
7. Sam Corson reported he is gathering estimates for painting the church for future planning and he has estimates for upgrading the church heating and cooling capability for vestry review.
8. Faye Corson reported the after school tutoring program is going well with one-on-one instruction to local students.
"What are you looking for?" "Come and see."