Wednesday, September 8, 2021

The Rev. Canon John Bedingfield will officiate Holy Communion September 12, 2021

 BREAKING NEWS!  Mrs. Jane Barnett announced via text message yesterday that The Rev. Canon John Bedingfield will lead the congregation in Holy Eucharist at 10am, September 12, 2021 at Christ Episcopal, Saint Joseph.  Welcome Canon John back.

From the Forward Day by Day:

WEDNESDAY, September 8                  [The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary]

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not to your own interests, but to the interests of others.

On May 12, 2020, Episcopal Relief & Development published a social media graphic that contained this verse: Let each of you look not to your own interests, but to the interests of others. They released this graphic just two months into the COVID-19 pandemic, two months after the killing of Breonna Taylor, twelve days before the death of George Floyd, and twenty-five weeks before the presidential election. I know this because I shared that graphic on Instagram and then made it my Facebook cover, where it remained for the rest of 2020.

Amid all the pain and trauma, I needed to be reminded that I have made a promise to turn away from self-centered motives and to turn toward Jesus and his way of love. I have committed, with God’s help, to seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving my neighbor as myself, and to strive for justice and peace among all people. In other words, I have committed to live out Philippians 2:4, not just on Sundays but on all days. Even when the world seems to be coming apart at the seams. Even on social media.

MOVING FORWARD: Take an honest appraisal of your social media presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment